Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Optimized or blasphemous?

Earlier today I had a terrifically interesting conversation with the founder of an audio cable company.  A few of the company's products have been reviewed elsewhere, but I learned today that they are preparing some new introductions.  I think I'm putting it mildly that the products this individual shared really got me excited.  I was offered the opportunity to demo a few items to get a better feel for them, and will be given that chance next month!


Of particular interest are their new interconnects, an upgrade over the prior version, and a power cord that has been "optimized" for Shindo products.  If you know anything about Shindo products, you know that their little grey power cords are the preferred electric utility transfer and life support.  Recommendations for their specific use come from many sources, including dealers, importers, reviewers, and various knuckleheads out there like me...


So I'm not sure what exactly "optimized" means, or how someone on the outside of the Shindo Kingdom figured this out.  Which is why this little revelation was and is both exciting and alarming. Imagine, the possibilities with the introduction of improvements to the PC for those lovely little green boxes.  But is it blasphemous for someone to try and improve upon the Master Shindo San's creation or for me to even consider using something other than the Shindo cord?


Only time will tell, and for now, I'm keeping the manufacturer's name under wraps, as I don't believe this little incursion into the Shindo Kingdom with this sacrilegious power cord is yet properly publicized.  I'll plan to update you next month after I've had the opportunity to use them.


March 1, 2012 | The shipment is on its way, hopefully in time for some weekend experimenting.  And it looks like Jeff Day went live with info about this company’s products and Shindo optimization in his recent review over at Positive Feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment